- This event has passed.
Awakening Community: Drum Circle
May 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Welcome to our Tuesday night discussion group, with a focus on a different topic each week!
A Drum Circle led by Linda Macchia and her Djembe drum class students. Bring your own instrument, or there will be some extras available.
This is a safe space for the exchange of ideas, individual learning, and networking. In order to achieve this a list of guidelines for conduct is below:
- The experience of the group ranges from those who have never heard of an awakening to those who have spent years cultivating their talents and gifts. We all meet on this level.
- No one person’s opinion is less than or better than another’s. Disagreement is inevitable and should be conducted through constructive dialogue, however disrespect and dismissal are not acceptable.
- Active listening and participation are key to any learning. Silence all cellphones. Take any non topic conversations to another room. This shows respect for other participants and the moderator who has worked to develop the current program.
- Seeking to do or bring into the group anything intentional that can cause physical, mental, spiritual, or energetic harm will not be tolerated.
- Each person that enters the group is a sovereign being. Their individual beliefs and attributes will be respected and as such there is no requirement for conformity to another’s will or belief.